Wednesday 13 October 2010

Ducks in Bruges

This is going to be mainly photos as I have so many of ducks in Bruges - mainly the real ones.  Bruges itself is beautiful.  
A canal in Bruges, most of them are this pretty.
Blue Duck and Little Duck posing on the canal.

The real ducks across the canal hanging out on a landing.




Yes, these are not ducks but what the heck, wouldn't you take photos of them as well?


Looks like a female version of Little Duck except she is a cake of soap.

And chocolate ducks - we are in Belgium after all.

I have cropped this photo as didn't need to show the pearl G-string on the mannequin, I will leave that to people's imagination.  I was very disappointed that they were using a duck in this display for a sex shop!

And lastly, this was a duck we met while we were having late afternoon drinks beside the canal.  He really had attitude, eating the beer snacks that were thrown to him and even stole a cigarette out of my hand when I held it down out of the way of everyone else at the table.  Those were the days when I still smoked.

Long live all ducks - feathered, rubber, soap and chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment