Friday 22 October 2010

Ducks flocking in from everywhere

The ducks were in hibernation for several months but awoke with a flurry of feathers in August when my eldest sister and niece sent me three ducks for my birthday.  And yes, this is the same sister who gave me Big Duck as a birthday present in 2006, starting this whole wonderful adventure of rubber ducks in my life.  The twins came from my sister and Pop Peace was found and sent by my niece, who also gave me UK (Brit) Duck Christmas 2009.  Some of the ducks that I now have may be put in collection mode - kept in their boxes and rarely coming out - but these ducks given by family and friends will always have that specialness about them of gifts given with love and will always be MY ducks.


There have been 17 newcomers since August - including the birthday three - meaning that their numbers have nearly doubled.  I am not sure what happened but they have decided to invade and have aspirations on taking over my life.  We will see about that!  


They have come from all over the world and Australia - three from the UK, three from Brisbane in Queensland, three from Victoria, three from Wattleup in Western Australia, four from Darwin and one from Wayzata, Minnesota in the USA.  No, I haven't looked up where the hell that is as yet but I will.  I suppose the Wayzata people are wondering where Darwin is.


There is a debate about which ducks will travel to Bali with me on 29 October. I have put my foot down and said that only three can come.  You will hear all about it in due course and see the pictures, of course.  Please don't start taking bets on how many ducks will end up in my luggage. I really am going to be quite firm with them and have definitely placed the limit at three.


Back to more serious things of starting the introductions of the new ducks.


This lovely one has the name of 'Pop Peace' and is a mini duck from Bud by Design Room.  Pop Peace has taken to going into the office where I am doing some contract work and likes sitting under the computer screen.  (Flew in from Queensland)

These cuties I have called the twins and they are only 3 cms tall.  Not the smallest ducks I have but nearly. Came from Queensland with Pop Peace.

And of course these are called the triplets, found at the local Spotlight store while I was shopping for some beads.  They all stand at 4 cms tall.

Okay, that is six out of the 17 newcomers and quite enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment