Saturday 5 May 2012

ducks in Victoria

After leaving the Coonawarra I crossed into Victoria to what I thought was the Mallee district.  Looking up Google just then I found that I was much lower than the Mallee area and in what was called the larger Grampian area!  I had fun driving anyway, no matter where I was. This was country I had not been in for a very long time.
Couldn't resist a photo of a duck in a 'black boy' plant, botanical name Xanthorrhoea or another name, balga grass.

On to Derrinallum to stay with friends for two night. Very cold and rainy and this was December! I had left the warm, sultry north far behind me now and this was my welcome to my future, living in the south - cold and rain. I hope I can adjust.

 Showing how the ducks were travelling in style. No plastic bag or cardboard box for these ducks! They were snugly tucked into a wicker basket, wedged into the back of my little Hyundai Getz between bags and other essentials for living out of my car for a moment in time. Very comfy.



More photos of the ducks in a bird bath. They seem to naturally gravitate to the bird baths when they are around. No room for the two big ducks in the bath and so they were stately in isolation on top of their portable home, the wicker picnic basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment