Monday 4 January 2010

January 2010 in Queensland


A few weeks ago I would not have believed that I would be spending time in Queensland but here I am, with ducks!  I travelled with Banana Duck as travelling without a duck in my bags somewhere is difficult to contemplate.  Ducks add a dimension to life that may not be appreciated by those who travel through life without one.


I arrived in Brisbane on New Years Eve to go up the coast for two weeks.  While going through Brisbane stopped to have lunch with my eldest sister.  Lovely sitting on her verandah for a while.  And there was a present there from Berenichi, one of my fab nieces.  Introducing Brit Duck to everyone, the first of my Queensland ducks.


Very confidant and self possessed is Brit Duck.   Welcome.












And here is Cushion Duck which was waiting for me when we arrived up the coast later on New Years Eve. Soft and cuddly, Cushion Duck will be a welcome addition to my couch along with turtle cushion who already lives there (lime green and orange, no photo as yet).






Below we have all the Queensland ducks waiting to be grilled, the new ducks not wasting any time for a photo op and horsing around.










Banana Duck and Brit Duck playing at being duck a la orange in waiting.


We did eat duck a la orange on Saturday night so they are pretty close to the mark.


It is raining here, not as much as Darwin is getting at the moment, and I will admit to enjoying not being as hot as I have been in October, November and December in Darwin - humidity was very high and even sitting still I broke out in a sweat.  Queenslanders are saying how hot it is but I know better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like him :) And he seems to have fitted right in with the duck family so all is well. Being British he clearly thinks the whole country is stiflingly hot... but he's yet to see Darwin, I guess :P

    ReplyDelete